Overview of the test failover process:
The test failover function will disable the the replication job, snapshot the replica VM, disconnect the network card on the replica, and power it on. This will allow for simplified testing of the Guest OS without causing negative impact to the production environment.
This is a manual process started to test the reliability of the replica machine stored in the target datastore.
1. Complete a successful replication to the target datastore configured in the replication job.
2. Locate the vm in the My Inventory view
3. Click the icon "Test Failover" in the vRanger GUI ( make sure to highlight the subtask being shown in the GUI) click the plus sign for the replication job to get the details or log view.
4. Click Yes to the confirmation message that will be displayed
5. Test failover process begins, and list of the test failover task is displayed
6. You will see a message stating " VM is now ready for interaction. Waiting for user to resume process." will appear, you may safely test the VM via the VI Client Console
7. Click Resume when testing is complete