When adding a NVSD repository error you see the error message: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
vRanger uses a NVSD WebDAV account to add/access the NVSD repository. You will see this error if you are not using the WebDAV account. It may be possible the WebDAV credentials were not created or were entered incorrectly during the installation of the NVSD.
To verify if a WebDAV user was created, access the stats page of the NVSD Server: http://NVSDHOST:37453/proc/stats.stnz
You should be prompted for credentials. If the page comes up without adding your credentials you will need to create a WebDAV account for vRanger to use.
1. Open a command prompt on the NVSD server
2. Change directories to Program Files\Quest Software\NetVault SmartDisk\foundation\bin
smartdisk.bat config --update --webdav 37453 --credentials
4. When the username prompt appears, enter a user name that should be used for WebDAV access, and press enter. The user entered here is for SmartDisk only. This is not a Domain/OS account.
5. You will be prompted for a password and a confirmation of the password
6. You should now be able to use the newly created WebDAV account to add a NVSD repository to vRanger.