The Exchange External Message Delivery Health Test allows you to monitor the ability to send a message to an external target, and to measure delivery and round trip time.
For this test, you must enter the names of:
• The source mailbox used to send the message.
• The destination email address where test messages is sent.
The destination mailbox can be in another Exchange organization, or it can be in any of the free web-based email services.
In order to test round-trip delivery, the destination mailbox must be configured to automatically forward the message back to the originating mailbox, thus enabling the Round-Trip Delivery counter in the test. In order for test to recognize the returning message, the original subject line must be inserted in the subject or body of the returning message.
To create a test follow the Steps below.
1. Right click on your Exchange Organization Name and select Detect | Exchange External Message Delivery Health Test
2. On the General Test information page put in a desired Test name and click Next
3. On the Test Setting page specify your parameters and click next
4. The Source Mailbox will be a local Exchange Mailbox that will send the message internally the Spotlight on Messaging Service account will need to have Send As, Receive As permissions on the Mailbox
NOTE: You must use the mailbox alias and not the full SMTP address when specifing the source mailbox.
5. The Destination Email address will be the external account that automatically replies to the test message.
6. On the Delivery Settings Page select your Time out period (The default is 5 minutes)
7. Click Finish to save the test settings.