Services have been verified to be running as an Exchange Administrative account with local logon as a service rights on the SOE console machine. The service Start and Stop without incident. Yet user is unable to connect to the Data Services from the Spotlight On Exchange Topology Viewer.
1. Open SQL Enterprise Manager and navigate to the SOE database.
2. Open the table GlobalDiagnosticTestSettings.
3. Check whether there is data in the first row of this table. If there is not, this is why the console cannot connect to the services. The services are unable to obtain their default configuration from the database.
4. Using Query Analyzer or Access, execute the following SQL statement:
INSERT INTO GlobalDiagnosticTestSettings
(IsTestScheduled, ExecutionMode, ExecutionFrequencyMilliseconds, ExecuteOncePerDayStartTime, IsExecutionInWindow, ExecutionWindowStartTime, ExecutionWindowEndTime, MaximumNotifications, SustainedAlarmCount)
VALUES (1, 1, 1800000, 480, 0, 8, 17, 3, 1)
5. Close the Topology Viewer, cycle the DataManager and Diagnostic service.
6. Re-launch the Topology Viewer and attempt to connect to the diagnostic service.