When I launch Toad for Oracle and go into the Database Browser, for example, there's a 'Launch Spotlight' shortcut button. However I receive the following error after clicking the Spotlight button:
Server execution failed, ClassID:
I click OK and Spotlight does not open.
Elevated permissions required for Windows 7.
A. Turn off the UAC:
1. Click on the Start menu and type UAC in the built in search bar.
2. Click on the User Account Control Settings found under the Control Panel category.
3. Lower the notch down to "Never Notify".
4. Click OK. (Not necessary to restart the system at this time).
B. Set the "Run Program as Administrator" option in the Toad for Oracle and Spotlight shortcuts:
NOTE: Ensure Toad and Spotlight are closed.
1. Right-click on the Toad for Oracle shortcut and select Properties.
2. Click on the Compatibility tab.
3. Place a check mark on the "Run this program as an Administrator" and click Apply and OK.
4. Right-click on the Spotlight on Oracle shortcut and select Properties.
5. Follow steps 2 - 3 again for Spotlight properties.
6. Re-test the issue.