Errors received when selecting an index organized table in the Schema Browser | Tables tab and then selecting the Data tab:
"ORA-03120: two-task conversion routine: integer overflow"
This is then followed by:
"ORA-01002: fetch out of sequence."
The Oracle client version is less than Oracle 8i (8.1.7)
1. Install Oracle 8.1.7 client or above and configure the registry to use the new client. Changes will not take affect until TOAD is restarted.
To configure the registry for the Oracle client please check/do the following:
- Open REGEDIT (Start | Run | type REGEDIT and click OK.)
- Drill down to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SOFTWARE | ORACLE | ALL_HOMES
- Set the LAST_HOME to point to the desired ORACLE HOMEx. x is HOME(number) which points to the 8i (or
above) Oracle client. In other words, if HOME1 has a path to the oracle home on the computer, C:\ORA81, then you
want LAST_HOME to have the value 1.
2. Check the environment path and verify that the %ORACLE_HOME%\BIN directory is the first statement in the path. For example "C:\Oracle\Ora81\Bin; C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32;etc, etc". On Windows NT, 2000 and XP go to Control Panel | System Advanced | Environment Variables and modify path under the System variables list. On Windows 95 and 98, Edit the autoexec.bat file.
3. Restart the computer if any changes are made to the registry or the path.
Disclaimer : Quest does not provide support for problems that arise from improper modification of the registry. The Windows registry contains information critical to your computer and applications. Make sure you back up the registry before modifying it. For more information on the Windows Registry Editor and how to back up and restore it, refer to Microsoft Article ID 256986 "Description of the Microsoft Windows registry": http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=256986