Does Toad for Oracle have separate default settings for Oracle reserved word and reserved PL/SQL words for the Syntax Highlighting functionality? How can I set different Syntax Highlighting settings or different font colors for the regular SQL keywords (i.e. SELECT, FROM, WHERE, etc) and PL/SQL keywords (i.e. BEGIN, DECLARE, IF, THEN, ELSE, etc)?
Toad does not have a separate default Syntax Highlighting settings for reserved words and reserved PL/SQL words. However, Toad is customizable and user can set rules for Syntax Highlighting. To manually create custom rules for reserved PL/SQL words perform the following:
1) Go to Toad Options | Editor | Behavior | click "Syntax Highlighting" button
2) Select Rules Tab | click "Copy fromâ€¦" button | choose "PL/SQL" from the drop-down list
3) Check the "Keywords" box and click OK. A new "Tag block rule 1" Rule Name is created.
4) Highlight "Tag block rule 1" Rule Name and select Properties Tab. From Style drop-down list choose "Reserved PL/SQL word". The new rule is now associated with "Reserved PL/SQL word".
5) Go to Conditions Tab and under "Tokens" add the desired PL/SQL Keywords and remove the undesired ones (i.e. add BEGIN, DECLARE, etc and remove SELECT, FROM, etc)
6) Click on the "Keywords" Rule Name | Conditions Tab | and delete the keywords just added to the new Rule Name so that they will not conflict
7) Select "Highlighting Tab" and under Style click "Reserved PL/SQL word" and set your highlighting settings
8) Click Apply and OK to exit Options
Enhancement request ST64594 has been submitted to Development for consideration in a future release of Toad for Oracle.