Synonym created for a remote view causes an "ORA-00942: table or view does not exist" error message
when clicking on the Data tab of the Schema Browser.
The first Oracle Database is called DB1
1) Enter your user: User1 and password: User1
2) Create table T1 (C1 number);
Create view V1 as select * from T1;
3) The second Oracle database is called DB2
4) Enter your user: User2 and password: User2
5) Create database link DB1
6) Connect to USER1 identified by USER1 using DB1.world;
7) Create synonym ST1 for T1@DB1;
Create synonym SV1 for V1@DB1;
8) In TOAD while connected as user2 @ DB2
Open the Schema Browser > Select Synonyms > Select SV1
9) Select Data tab on the right hand pane.
The error message will appear as ORA-00942: table or view does not exist.
This issue is fixed in Toad 22.214.171.124. This version can be downloaded at: http://questsupportlink.quest.com/prod_upgrade_alert.asp.