Tabbing in the Toad Editor no longer aligns with characters on previous lines.
1. If I type 'AAA', followed by 10 spaces and then 'BBB'
2. On the next line type 'CCC'
3. The text in the editor should now look like this:
4. While the cursor is still positioned right after CCC, I press the tab key.
The cursor should jump to under the first B, making it extremely convenient to align the next word with BBB, but this does not happen.
By default standard tabbing is selected. In Toad 9.x, options to use standard tabbing or smart tabbing are now available. In Toad versions earlier than 9.x, smart tabbing is only available.
Switch to Smart Tabbing in Toad Options:
1. Go to View | Toad Options | Editor | Behavior in the main menu.
2. Locate the Tabs box section in the lower left-hand section of the window.
3. Under Mode: click on the drop-down menu and select "Use smart tab".
4. Click Apply and OK and re-try tabbing.