Launching SQL Optimizer from Toad, when logged in as SYS, returns the following error message.
"ORA-28009: connection to sys should be as sysdba or sysoper"
Launch SQL Optimizer version 7.0 as a standalone product. It is possible to log directly into SQL Optimizer as SYS when it is standalone, but not through Toad. If 7.0 is not that version of SQL Optimizer being used, it will need to be downloaded in order to connect to SQL Optimizer as SYS.
To download SQL Optimizer 7.0:
1. Visit www.quest.com
2. Go to Support|Downloads & Updates
3. If you have a Supportlink account already, log in. If you do not have one already, click the "Register" button and follow the instructions to register.
4. Type SQL Opt in the product search field, choose Quest SQL Optimizer for Oracle from the drop down list, and click GO.
5. On the left, under Product, choose 7.0.0.
7. Click the installer name on the right to download.
8. Choose which directory you would like the installation media to be downloaded to.
9. Once download is complete, go to directory that has installation media.
10. Double click on icon and follow installation instructions.