How can I export data using the command line in Toad for Oracle 9.1 and later versions?
1) Get data to be exported in a grid in the Editor.
2) Right-click in the grid and select "Save As" .
3) Fill out information in Save Grid Contents window.
4) Click on the lightening bolt in the top right corner of the title bar of the window.
5) Leave Create selected, pick desired Action Set (Vault is fine to use), and fill in the Name field. Click OK.
6) Click Cancel in the Save As window.
7) From a command line type:
[path to Toad.exe] -a "[vault or set name]->[action name]"
C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\Toad.exe -a "Vault->MyExport"
Screen shots and sample steps provided in attached document.
In general, actions can be used to automate and control various other features in Toad. You can access, create, maintain, run and modify actions directly from the action palette (View | Action Palette) or access though the lightening bolt icon in some features.
These actions are then scheduled and the command line for the task can be run. Please check Toad's Help, "Command Line Syntax" and "Action Palette" topics for more details.
Action Palette feature has changed in Toad for Oracle 9.7. This only applies to version 9.1-9.6.1.