User gets an error message when trying to create a database object using Toad for Oracle's GUI.
For example, a user tries to create a package by clicking on "New Package" in the Schema Browser. User may experience error message similar to:
"2.5 Message: File C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle 8.6\User Files\NewPackage.SQL for PACKAGE template not found."
Multiple installs or upgrades of Toad for Oracle into different directories.
1. Run a search on your computer for the file that is missing. It will be in a directory \User Files.
2. Make a copy of the User Files directory and place it in the location that Toad is looking for.
For example, your files maybe in a folder called "C:\Toad for Oracle 8.6\User Files\" when Toad is trying to look in "C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\User Files\"
1. Run the un-installation utility for all versions of Toad for Oracles on the machine.
2. Select "custom" uninstall, and select all files to be removed.
3. This will clean out the registry entries which maybe confusing Toad.
4. Reinstall Toad for Oracle.
You can also try running a registry search for the term "Toad" and make sure all the values point to the correct directories. It is advised to have your network administrator perform this.