When attempting to log into CVS using Toad's Team Coding functionality, the following error appears:
"VCS provider logon failed: CVS password entry failed"
Make sure your command window is wide enough to prevent the login command from wrapping. You can do this by:
1. In Toad, connect to the instance with Team Coding, and attempt to log into CVS.
2. At the command prompt that Toad creates for the CVS login, click the Toad icon in the top-left corner.
3. From the menu, select "Properties"
4. In the Properties dialog, switch to the "Layout" tab.
5. Under "Screen Buffer Size", set the "Width" to a number at least 16 higher than the length of your CVSROOT string.
6. Click OK. At the prompt, select "Modify shortcut that started this window" and click OK.
On the next occasion that you attempt to log in to CVS, "CVS Password:" should appear on the second line of the command window. If it's on the third line, the screen buffer is still not wide enough.
Waiting for a fix in a future release of Toad.