When launching SQL Monitor or Quest ScriptRunner and gets the following error message:
"This version of SQL Monitor has expired. You must download a new version before proceeding".
"This version of Quest ScriptRunner has expired. You must download a new version before proceeding".
1 .Launch your registry editor, by going to Start | Run | Regedit.
2. Browse to the following: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | Software | Quest Software.
3. Check the value for the name LFPATHTOAD. It should be set to the directory of your latest Toad for Oracle installation.
4. Browse to the following: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | Software | Quest Software | Toad
5. Make sure the value for Client and Server are also pointing to the latest installation of Toad for Oracle.
If these are all correct, do the following:
1. Shut down Toad for Oracle.
2. Browse to the directory of your latest Toad for Oracle installation.
3. Locate the file QSAuthorize11.key.
4. Rename it to QSAuthorize11.old.
5. Launch Toad, continue and test Script Runner.
If issue persist, do the following:
1. Launch Toad for Oracle.
2. Go to Help | Register Toad.
3. Copy down the authorization key and site message (Case Sensitive)
4. Shut down Toad for Oracle.
5. Browse to the directory of your latest Toad for Oracle installation.
6. Locate the file QSAuth11.key.
7. Rename it to QSAuth11.old
8. Launch Toad, it should prompt you for your key. Enter the key and site message.
9. Continue and test Script Runner.
Disclaimer : Quest does not provide support for problems that arise from improper modification of the registry. The Windows registry contains information critical to your computer and applications. Make sure you back up the registry before modifying it. For more information on the Windows Registry Editor and how to back up and restore it, refer to Microsoft Article ID 256986 "Description of the Microsoft Windows registry": http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=256986