The following error occurs viewing table data via Database Explorer:
"Can not load Oracle client. Check your PATH environment variable and registry settings."
1. Right-click Toad icon and select Properties.
2. Select Compatibility tab.
3. Check "Run this program as an administrator" checkbox, and then click OK.
Make sure that the path for your Oracle client is listed first in your environment variable PATH. Here are instructions for how to do this.
1) Make sure TDA is closed.
2) Right click on My Computer and select Properties.
3) In the Advanced tab, select the Environment Variables button.
4) In the bottom section of the window, highlight PATH and click the Edit button.
5) Find your Oracle client path in the list of paths in the PATH value. Cut it out and paste it to the very front of the list of paths.
6) Click OK to get out of all the screens.