When working with a large model with hundreds of Objects, how can some of these Entities be moved from a group of Entities in a Workspace to a new one and the relationships between these Entities be created automatically without having to select them manually ?
1. Reverse Engineer your model first.
2. Create a new blank Workspace in the same Model.
3. Then, right-click anywhere in the New Workspace and select "Add Selected Objects to Workspace". This will list all Entities you have in your Model.
4. Tick the boxes for the Entities you would like to add to your new Workspace.
5. Regarding Relationships between Entities that have been copied over, there are two options:
5.1. Either check the boxes for the relationships you would like to add in the same "Add Selected Objects to Workspace" screen | click Apply and OK.
5.2. Unzip the attached file and copy the package to the following TDM directory c:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad Data Modeler 3.0\Packages\User\ (WinXP).
After adding your Entities to your new Workspace, go to menu Macros | click "Add All Model Relationships to Workspace" to have TDM create all the relevant