Can I use an Oracle 8i database as the source for the reverse engineer? I am migrating some legacy apps from 22.214.171.124 to 10.2.0.3.
Oracle 8 is not supported in TDM3 and newer, therefore reverse engineering is not possible. However, there is a workaround.
1. Reverse engineering of the Oracle 8 schema to TDM2. -> TDM2 model will be created.
2. Model conversion in TDM2 from Oracle 8 to Oracle 9 or 10.
3. Export of this TDM2 model to XML format. (.dm2 to .dmx via File | Export in TDM2.)
4. Opening the .dmx file in TDM 3 (File | Open in TDM3).
5. Resaving the file to TDM3 format with .txp extension. Then you can work with it in TDM3.