New History Tree window
-allows users to see history of tracked models, compare specific revisions and generate change script for the detected differences.
Toad Intelligence Central - Naming Conventions
-Naming Conventions can be now exported to Toad Intelligence Central server.
Relationship highlighting on hover
-Relationships are now highlighted when the cursor is hovered over the child/parent attribute.
Import physical models for Oracle
-Toad™ Data Modeler is able to import physical models for Oracle versions 9, 10, 11, and 12
Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2016
-"Period for System_Time" and "System-Versioned Temporal Table" support for Tables
-Dynamic Data Masking support for Columns
-Always Encrypted support for Columns
New Function types:
- Natively Compiled Scalar Function
- Natively Compiled Inline Table-valued Function
-EXECUTE AS CALLER for Natively Compiled Stored Procedure Functions (used by default).
- Filter predicates (WHERE) can be now used in non-clustered COLUMNSTORE Indexes.
-Non-clustered Indexes can be now created even when CLUSTERED COLUMNSTORE Indexes already exist.
-CLUSTERED COLUMNSTORE index support for Memory Optimized tables.
- "Compression Delay" support for COLUMNSTORE Indexes
Memory Optimized Tables:
-It is now possible to create the following objects in memory optimized tables:
- Triggers (Natively Compiled only)
- Foreign Key constraints (between memory optimized Tables)
- Check constraints
- Unique constraints
-External Table support (PolyBase external table that references data stored in Hadoop cluster or
Azure blob storage). External Tables can be found in Physical Model Explorer.
-Security Policy support (for row-level security). Security Policies can be found in Physical
New model objects with simplified support:
- Column Encryption Key - currently without any properties, used for Encrypting Columns.
- External Data Source - currently without any properties, used for External Table.
- External File Format - currently without any properties, used for External Table.
- DB2 generator speed improvements
-DB2 DDL generator has been rewritten, resulting in significant speed improvements for Generate
-Intelligence Central toolbar now contains several new buttons: Settings, Notifications,
-Artifacts in TIC can be now filtered using the new filter bar.
-Notifications window now has an additional column - Object Name.
Additional information relating to the new features in version 6.1 can be found in the Toad Data Point 6.1 Release Notes or in the 'New in this release' subtopic in the 'Welcome to Toad' Chapter of the Help. (includes instructions and screenshots)