Launch SQL Optimizer for Oracle
Note: This icon is also available in additional locations, such as the Auto Optimize SQL and the Create and Alter windows for some object types.
Test in Benchmark Factory for Databases
- Schema Browser pages - Right-click on the object to be tested and select Test Performance.
- Code Road Map - Right-click on the object to be tested and select Test Performance.
Note: When you choose to send an object to Benchmark Factory, you need to set Benchmark Factory properties in addition to the parameters required by the database object. See the Benchmark Factory documentation for more information.
Use Spotlight Essentials
Spotlight Essentials, (formerly Project Lucy) is a process that analyzes data from your database to let you know how it is running. Learn more at SpotlightEssentials .com.
To install and configure Spotlight Essentials
- Install and configure Spotlight for Oracle. For help, see the documentation and online help for that product.
- Register for Spotlight Essentials at the Web site: SpotlightEssentials.com.
- Log in to SpotlightEssentials.com, then go to Settings to make note of your token.
- Run Spotlight for Oracle.
- Select View | Options | Diagnostic Server Configuration, then click Install to install and configure Spotlight for Oracle Diagnostic Server (DS) and the required Web Publisher. Install on any server. For continuous monitoring, install on a server that is always running. You will need to know the domain of the installation machine and login credentials. These components are installed as Windows services set to start automatically.
To set up Spotlight Essentials in Toad
- In Toad, go to View | Toad Options | Online.
Under Spotlight Essentials Login, enter your Email and Password and click Login.
- Click Database | Diagnose | Spotlight Essentials or select if the Database Browser window is open.
- Click in the Spotlight Essentials toolbar.
- Under Server running Diagnostic Server, enter the name of the server and port number where Diagnostic Server is installed. The default port number is 8830.
- Double click a database name under Available Databases to move it to the Databases being monitored pane. A connection dialog is displayed:
- Confirm the connection information (from the tnsnames.ora file) or complete any blank or incorrect fields.
- Supply login credentials.
- Deselect Enabled if you do not want this database to be monitored at this time.
Note: To edit an entry, double-click it. To delete an entry, use the backward arrow to move it to Available Databases.
- Move other databases to the Databases being monitored pane as needed.
Close the dialog to start the monitoring. It may take about a day for the Diagnostic Server to collect enough information to display. Until then, the Spotlight Essentials window remains blank.
To work with the Spotlight data
- Under Name in the top pane, select the name of the database. By default, Toad selects the current database connection when Spotlight is launched (if the database was configured in the Diagnostic Server setup).
- View Oracle performance data in the lower left pane, and view the system events in the lower right pane. Toad shows the following graphical statuses that correspond to the health scores returned by Spotlight Essentials:
||Health Score Symbol|
|34 - 65