Features > Bind Variables
Toad Edge provides a way to reuse queries by using variables instead of specific values. These variables can be given value each time you execute a query.
To bind and use variables
- Open a new Worksheet and start writing your query. Use a single or double question mark ("?" or "??") to bind variables
- Execute the query
- Bind Variables dialog appears. You can give each variable a value and then finish executing the query
Features > Content Assist
To make writing scripts and editing JSON data easier, Toad Edge offers a convenient tool - Content Assist (also known as Intellisense). This utility automatically suggests keywords or templates you might want to use when you are working with Worksheet or JSON support and JSON Editor
Content Assist can be displayed in two ways:
- Type any Content Assist trigger character and wait a set delay (configurable in Preferences | Content Assist / Autocompletion
- Manually by pressing CTRL (⌘) + SPACE
Content Assist - SQL
In this environment, Content Assist suggests various relevant SQL keywords depending on the context of your query. It also suggests default or custom Templates.
Content Assist - JSON
Once you open JSON Editor, you can invoke Content Assist to utilize JSON templates. Instead of worrying about closing brackets and quoting keys properly, you can simply insert the key-value structure and just fill in the values.
The Copy Table tool is convenient for when you need to copy an entire table with all its contents to the same or a different database.
NOTE: You can only copy tables between databases of the same connection.
To copy a table:
- In Object Explorer, right-click the table you want to copy and select Copy Table...
- In the first dialog of Copy Table wizard, select the destination Database and enter the copied Table name
- In the last dialog, you can select which table columns should be copied