Toad Edge® can be installed from packages available on Toad World
- Windows Installer Package (MSI)
- macOS Installer Package (PKG)
Toad Edge requires you to perform online authentication by signing in to your Quest account at least once per every 30 days. If you are signed in to your account and Toad Edge is able to reach the authentication servers, the process is done automatically on each application launch.
At times, the authentication may not be performed for various reasons, e.g. firewall settings, lack of internet connection. In such cases, the following situations may occur:
Toad Edge has been installed, but has not been authenticated yet
- You are asked to sign in to your Quest account in order to authenticate the application for the first time and use it
Toad Edge cannot reach authentication servers. It has been less than 30 days since the last authentication
- A warning dialog is displayed. You still can access the application up until the 30 day mark
Toad Edge cannot reach authentication servers. It has been at least 30 days since the last authentication
- A warning dialog is displayed. You cannot access the application until you sign in to your Quest account
NOTE: Offline method of licensing is available for users, whose connection to the internet is restricted. See Offline licensing for more information.