Toad Edge® 2.1.x
These release notes provide information about the Toad Edge release.
About Toad Edge®
Toad Edge® is a database management application that allows you to perform database administration tasks with ease.
Toad Edge® allows you to:
- Connect to your databases, view, explore and edit database structure, database objects and properties
- Manage database objects, easily add, edit or drop objects in Object Explorer
- Obtain detailed information about your databases
- Manage data stored in your database, add, edit or remove records
- Write complex SQL code comfortably in Worksheet
- Compare and synchronize databases using powerful Schema Compare
- Conveniently manage users and user permissions in Object Details editors
- Seamlessly integrate Toad Edge into your Continuous Integration and Delivery processes
Toad Edge 2.1.3 is a patch release, with resolved issues and enhancements.
New features of Toad Edge
In Toad Edge® 2.1 the following new features were implemented:
Connection dialog enhancements
- Connections has been improved
- Fix misspelled words using spell check when writing in Worksheet
- Responsiveness and accuracy of automatic suggestions have been improved
- Toad now highlights more letters in suggestions to help you find the object you are looking for
- Press Tab to indent selected paragraphs of text
Support for DBMS output
- Toad Edge now supports DBMS message output for Postgres and EDB Postgres connections
Support for PostgreSQL 11
- You now can run stored procedures
Support for EDB Postgres Advanced Server 11
- Toad Edge now supports connecting to EDB 11
MySQL 8 timezone improvements
- Your timezone is now preset in 'Server Time Zone' field when you create a new connection
- Difference of client and server timezones is now recorded in MySQL log
The following is a list of enhancements implemented in Toad Edge 2.1
- UI enhancements in menus and options
- Minor enhancements of connection process for MySQL 8.0
The following issues were resolved for this release:
Toad Edge 2.1.2
|Tab now indents paragraphs of text
|Stored procedures are now supported in Redshift
|Text color does not change during editing anymore
Performance with large queries in PostgreSQL has been improved.
NOTE: Maximum recommended number of rows to fetch for Postgres/EDB connection is 1,000,000
Toad Edge 2.1.1
|Partial fetching is now available for platforms that do not support server side fetching.
|Synonyms tab is available for EDB.
Toad Edge 2.1
|You now can display all sessions in Session Browser.
|DBMS output is now available for Postgres and EDB Postgres