Import Toad® for Oracle ER Diagrams
- Select File | Import |Toad for Oracle ERD or File | Reverse Engineering | Connections | Import Toad ERD.
- In the Open dialog, select a *.erd or *.erx file and click Open.
- If you want to use connection string stored in ERD file, click Yes in the following dialog window:
- Toad Data Modeler needs to reverse engineer database which contains the objects in your diagram. You will be asked for the database password.
- The import starts and ERD is created.
Open Toad® for Oracle® Projects
- Select File Menu | Import | Open Toad for Oracle Project.
- In the Open dialog, select a *.tpr file. Toad Project Manager opens.
- Select a connection type, right-click it and select Connect.
- After you are connected, you can select items from the Toad Project Manager and drag them to a Workspace or Model Explorer of your model in Toad Data Modeler.
- Right-click the connection and select Disconnect or simply close Toad Project Manager.
Note: Tables that already exist in the model cannot be added to the model.
Toad® for Oracle® as Default Editor
Select Toad for Oracle® as a default editor to open every generated SQL script in Toad for Oracle® (Oracle models only).
You can define any other third party application as default editor.
Toad® for Oracle® Icons
If you are used to Toad for Oracle icons, Toad Data Modeler gives you the option to change the icon theme. Go to View Menu | Icons Theme and select Toad for Oracle Icons. Notice the changed icons on toolbars and in Model Explorer.