Toad Data Modeler helps organizations create, maintain and document their database systems with an easy-to-use graphical interface.
With Toad Data Modeler you can:
- Create database structures visually (Logical, Universal and Physical Entity Relationship Diagrams - ERD)
- Create ERD for various target database systems (Oracle Database, SQL Server, DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL and more, see Supported Databases)
- Reverse engineer already existing database structures and see them in a form of a diagram
- Add logical data to your diagrams and describe existing database structures better
- Verify model, get a list of Errors, Warnings and Hints and use Quick Fixes to correct issues
- Automatically generate SQL code for selected target database
- Generate detailed documentation in HTML, RTF or PDF format
- Export database structures to Microsoft Excel and edit comments, notes and other model item properties
- Synchronize models with already existing databases (using Change Script Generation and Update Model features) and much more
Toad Data Modeler allows you to:
- Reduce errors in development
- Significantly improve your productivity
- Visualize your database structures and get better understanding of your existing databases
- Verify your work automatically
- Generate very detailed HTML, RTF or PDF reports
- Work with existing database structures
- Keep existing database structures up-to-date
- Physical Model, Universal Model (Generic Relational Model) and Logical Model
- Support for Various Databases
- Reverse Engineering
- Version Control System (support for Apache Subversion and Git) and Internal Version Manager
- Projects for storing models and additional documentation
- SQL/DDL Script Generation
- HTML/RTF Reports (including Alter reports)
- Model Merge, Model Compare
- Model Verification
- Refactoring Utility
- Customization and Scripting
- Templates, Gallery, Default Values, Application Variables, Macros
- To-Do List
- Zoom, Loupe, Model Overview features and many more...
Toad Data Modeler delivers increased level of efficiency, quality and comfort to all database professionals.
New in this Release
- It is now possible to use Ctrl + C to copy and Ctrl + V to paste in Model Explorer
Support for Not Null value in IDEF1X notation
- Select IDEF1X in View | Notation
- Optional attributes that are not null and not part of a primary key are now displayed when IDEF1X notation is used
Support for Oracle 18c
- Support for Reverse Engineering from a SQL/DDL file has been enhanced
Support for MySQL 8.0
- MySQL 8.0 is now fully supported. Toad Data Modeler supports MySQL 8.0.13 and newer
- Database settings are placed in Settings | Options | Model | Physical Model | MySQL | MySQL 8.0
- Reverse Engineering from a database and SQL file, Change Script, and DDL Script Generation are supported
- Management of users and roles has been enhanced
- Design and layout of Attribute properties has been improved
- New verification tests have been added
Support for Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL 9.5
- Support for Reverse Engineering from a SQL/DDL file has been added
- It is now possible to add inheritance to a category
Change Script Generation
- Minor enhancements for Change Script Generation of IBM DB2 LUW, GreenPlum, PostgreSQL, and MySQL have been implemented
- Look and feel of several dialogs have been improved
Product Improvement Program
To prioritize enhancements in future releases, Toad Data Modeler collects data about the use of its different features, and periodically, this data is communicated back to us. Initially, this usage data includes an IP address. Upon its receipt at a temporary server in the U.S.A., the IP address is removed, and then the anonymous data is aggregated before it is sent to our servers in California. Our product team analyses the aggregated data to understand our user community’s preferences and common practices. This analysis influences our future releases.
No personal information is collected and you can stop participating at any time.
Freeware users are required to participate in the product improvement program and cannot reject to participate. When you insert you license key the freeware version becomes full and you might modify product improvement program settings.
To view or change your participation in the product improvement program:
- Go to Help Menu | Product Improvement Program
- Select Yes, I want to participate or No, thank you
Toad World Community
Watch instructional flash movies that will guide you through great features of Toad Data Modeler, learn about tips and tricks, read how-to's, tutorials, download sample scripts and user packages, dictionary files and templates for reports, join our discussion forum and much more at: https://www.toadworld.com.
Submit Your Ideas and Suggestions
If you are already the community member, feel free to post any ideas and suggestions for new features and improvements for Toad Data Modeler.