Databases > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Reverse Engineering
Available Data Providers are:
- Connection via ODBC
- Native Connection
Connection via ODBC:
Databases > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Specifics
PK Attributes of type Array: Information on Array type migrates together with the PK attribute during creation of relationship.
Parameters Cost, Rows, Set. Set parameter can be defined by the ALTER FUNCTION command written to After Script section. Here it will be also loaded during reverse engineering. Example of ALTER FUNCTION:
ALTER FUNCTION myfunc(integer, integer) SET DateStyle=postgres, dmy;
- During script generation, default values of parameters Cost and Rows are not generated (default for Rows is 1000, default for Cost is 1 for c/internal language and 100 for other languages).
- Note from a manual: Rows is only allowed when the function is declared to return a set.
User Data Types
Possibility to define Enumerated Type - see the new data type in the Type box and new tab Enumerated Type where this data type should be defined (example: 'item1', 'item2', 'item3').
In previous version, it was possible to define only Composite Type and Base Type.
User Data Types of the Base Type tab (User-defined type in manual) can have (for example while using attributes) modifiers - e.g. user_type(20,5). In previous version, modifiers could have only inbuilt/basic data types (types varchar(40) or number(20,5)).
- When you select the Base Type from the Type box, new boxes Name of Parameter and Default Value of Parameter will display. Name of Parameter - when you select an attribute with selected User Data Type, a box with an option to define parameters will display. Default Value of Parameter is just an instrument and is not generated.
- When there is a possibility to define more modifiers for a Base Type, such User Data Type used in an attribute will be written to appropriate parameter in the Attribute Properties dialog e.g. as: "30,20,5". During reverse engineering only Typmod will be loaded. Typmod is a number where the parameters are coded. If user needs to decode the Typmode during reverse engineering, function ParseTypmod(Length, format_type) in script REDataMigratorDBPG83 should be overwritten. If one modifier is used during reverse engineering, everything will be loaded properly.
- Modifiers of Base Type can be used in: attributes, composite type attributes, dictionary types (in PostgreSQL called Domains) and in TDM domains.
The Base Type tab - two new parameters Type Modifier Input Function and Type Modifier Output Function for support of modifiers. (Thanks to these new parameters, Base Types can also use modifiers.)
Databases > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Script Generation
See Script Generation - PostgreSQL 8.2 for more information.