Databases > Microsoft SQL Server 2014 > Script Generating
Note: To generate the table, column descriptions for SQL Server db in Toad Data Modeler, schema/owner has to be defined. Please see the Entity Properties form | General tab and from the Schema box select a schema or click the icon on the right to open the Schema dialog and define a new schema, then select it for the entity.
Microsoft SQL Server 2016
Databases > Microsoft SQL Server 2016 > Reverse Engineering
See Reverse Engineering - Microsoft SQL Server 2000 for more information.
- To load Data Compression defined in index during reverse engineering, it is necessary to select the Load Index Options checkbox (it is selected by default) on page Options.
- Load Permissions - Only permissions to views, tables, columns and functions are loaded during reverse engineering. Permissions to users, schemas and user groups are not loaded (they can be only generated in SQL script.)
- Comments on views and their columns are reversed. Comments on views are stored in the View Properties dialog | Description tab. Comments on view columns are loaded to View Properties dialog | After Script tab (if you want to create them during model creation, you need to enter them manually - and in this form: --comment and/or /*comment*/.
Databases > Microsoft SQL Server 2016 > Specifics
External Table support (PolyBase external table that references data stored in Hadoop cluster or Azure blob storage). External Tables can be found in Physical Model Explorer.
Security Policy support (for row-level security). Security Policies can be found in Physical Model Explorer.
New model objects with simplified support:
- Column Encryption Key - currently without any properties, used for Encrypting Columns.
- External Data Source - currently without any properties, used for External Table.
- External File Format - currently without any properties, used for External Table.
IF EXISTS support for DROP commands of certain object types:
Entity, View, Relation, Trigger (entity/view), Key, Index, Default, Rule, DictType, UDT, Procedure, Function, Aggregate (Functions), Synonym, Assembly, Sequence, FileTable
- To use the clause, enable the Check Object Existence Before Processing Drop Commands option in DDL Script Generation | Detail Settings.
- Dynamic Data Masking support for Attributes (Attribute Properties | Masking and Encryption tab | Dynamic Data Masking)
- Always Encrypted support for Attributes (Attribute Properties | Masking and Encryption tab | Encrypting Columns)
- New Function types:
- Natively Compiled Scalar Function
- Natively Compiled Inline Table-valued Function
- EXECUTE AS CALLER for Natively Compiled Stored Procedure Functions (used by default).
- New parameter - COMPRESSION DELAY for COLUMNSTORE Indexes.
- Filter predicates (WHERE) can be now used in non-clustered COLUMNSTORE Indexes.
- Non-clustered Indexes can be now created even when CLUSTERED COLUMNSTORE Indexes already exist.
- Support for Stretch Database (REMOTE_DATA_ARCHIVE) in SQL Server 2016
- To create a Table for remote data archive see Entity Properties | Stretch Database Properties
NOTE: REMOTE_DATA_ARCHIVE is not supported for Memory Optimized Tables.