Databases > Microsoft SQL Server 2012 > Script Generating
Note: To generate the table, column descriptions for SQL Server db in Toad Data Modeler, schema/owner has to be defined. Please see the Entity Properties form | General tab and from the Schema box select a schema or click the icon on the right to open the Schema dialog and define a new schema, then select it for the entity.
Microsoft SQL Server 2014
Databases > Microsoft SQL Server 2014 > Reverse Engineering
See Reverse Engineering - Microsoft SQL Server 2000 for more information.
- To load Data Compression defined in index during reverse engineering, it is necessary to select the Load Index Options checkbox (it is selected by default) on page Options.
- Load Permissions - Only permissions to views, tables, columns and functions are loaded during reverse engineering. Permissions to users, schemas and user groups are not loaded (they can be only generated in SQL script.)
- Comments on views and their columns are reversed. Comments on views are stored in the View Properties dialog | Description tab. Comments on view columns are loaded to View Properties dialog | After Script tab (if you want to create them during model creation, you need to enter them manually - and in this form: --comment and/or /*comment*/.
Databases > Microsoft SQL Server 2014 > Specifics
- New option to define Table as Memory Optimized using the new checkbox in General tab in Entity Properties.
- New option to select Durability. Only active when Memory Optimized is checked
- New options available for indexes of Memory Optimized tables in Index | General - Hash Index and Bucket Count (only available with checked Hash Index
- New option available in Index | Index Options - Statistics Incremental
- Added new tabs Selective XML and Selective Secondary XML
- New Index types available in Index | General | Type of Index - Columnstore, Selective XML, Secondary Selective XML
Note:Choosing Columnstore type changes the choices available in Compression Type and Compression Type for Partition combo boxes in Data Compression tab. The specific options for Columnstore type are: COLUMNSTORE and COLUMNSTORE_ARCHIVE.
Note:You can now set Index as Clustered Columnstore by choosing Columnstore Index type and checking the Clustered checkbox.
- New options available for keys of Memory Optimized tables in Key | General - Hash Index and Bucket Count (only available with checked Hash Index
New option available in Key | Index Options - Statistics Incremental
- New Type of Stored Procedure available in Stored Procedure Properties | General - Natively Compiled Stored Procedure
User Data Type
- New option to define User Data Type as Memory Optimized (User Data Type Properties | General), User Data Type has to be of TABLE type