SQL Text Pane
View the SQL Text pane
Use the SQL Text pane to do any of the following:
- Enter or edit the original SQL statement syntax (when <Edit SQL> is selected in the Run Time pane). See Enter or Edit the Original SQL Statement for more information.
- Display the SQL statement associated with the SQL alternative selected in the Run Time pane.
- Display the DDL for the index-set alternative selected in the Run Time pane.
- Enter SQL statement text for an SQL alternative you are creating. See Add User-Defined SQL Alternatives for more information.
When a SQL statement is sent to this pane from other modules, the optimization process begins automatically (if you have selected .
- All variables in the SQL text are displayed in red (default color), which indicates that a value and data type need to be defined before the SQL statement is executed. Other color coding in the SQL text is determined by the settings for syntax highlighting under the Editor tab of the Options window.
- You can enter comments in the original SQL statement text, but not in the SQL for the alternatives you manually create.