Network Failure Alarm
This alarm becomes active when you lose the Spotlight connection to a machine under diagnosis. This may occur when:
- The network is down (and all open connections are lost), OR
- The remote machine is rebooted, OR
- One of the services required by Spotlight is down.
Look for the following on the machine that has raised the alarm:
- Is the machine running?
- Does it respond to commands?
- Do error messages appear on the screen or in the event logs?
- Can it "ping" other machines successfully?
- Can it access shared folders on the network?
- Are the Remote Procedure Call, Remote Registry and Windows Management Instrumentation services running?
If no problems are found, try to reconnect to the machine via Spotlight.