On this page, you can set up a list of the messages you want to delete.
Table 69: User interface elements
|Your selection||Displays details of the searches you have run and the number of messages you have selected from the search results.|
|Add||Opens the Find dialog box. You can use the Find dialog box to select source storages and search them for messages. In the search results, you can then select the messages you want to delete and add them to Your selection list. You can also register new source storages to search for the messages you want to delete.|
|Remove||Removes the selected entry from Your selection.|
|Change||Allows you to edit the entry selected in Your selection list: you can change search criteria, rerun the search, and then select the messages to delete.|
To find, select, and add messages to Your selection list
- Click Add.
- Click Browse in the Find dialog box.
If the source storages that you want to search are listed in the Select Storages dialog box, proceed to step 4.
- In the Select Storages dialog box, click Add New Storage.
Follow the instructions in the Add Storage Wizard to register the source storages you want to search for messages. For more information about the Add Storage Wizard, see Add Storage Wizard.
- In the Select Storages dialog box, select the check boxes next to the source storages you want to search for messages.
You can expand source storage nodes and select specific mailboxes or folders to search in.
- Click OK.
- In the Find dialog box, specify detailed criteria of your search.
The interface elements you can use in the Find dialog box are similar to those in the Find View. For more information about these elements, see Using the Find View.
- Click Find Now.
- When your search is complete, in the Search results list, select the check boxes next to the messages you want to delete.
To select all messages at once, click Select All.
- Click OK.
To remove an entry from Your selection list
- Select the entry you want to remove from Your selection.
To select multiple entries, hold down CTRL and click the entries you want to remove.
- Click Remove.