While browsing a registered storage or viewing a list of search results in the Web Interface, you can preview the
messages in that storage or list. When previewing a message, you are provided with a list of files attached to
To preview a message while browsing a storage
- If you want to preview a message in a source storage, in the Tree View, expand the Source Storages node.
If you want to preview a message in a target storage, in the Tree View, expand the Target Storages node.
- Expand the appropriate nodes to select the container that includes the message you want to preview.
- In the Details View, double-click the message or right-click the message, and then click Open on the shortcut menu.
To find and preview messages
- Use the Web Interface to run a search for the messages you want to preview. For instructions on how to search, see Searching for messages.
- After your search completes, in the Search results list, double-click the message you want to preview or right-click the message, and then click Open on the shortcut menu.
The Mailbox Restore Wizard helps you selectively restore mailboxes from registered source storages to a registered target storage. You can also restore selected mailboxes to a live Exchange Server, or restore each selected mailbox to an individual Personal Folders (.pst) file.
Source and target storages for a restore operation can be selected from those registered with Recovery Manager for Exchange. You can also register new source and target storages while using this wizard.
To start the Mailbox Restore Wizard
- From the main menu, select Restore | Mailboxes.
The wizard includes the following pages:
On the Add Mailboxes to Restore page, the wizard prompts you to set up a list of the mailboxes that you want to restore from registered source storages.
Table 41: User interface elements
||Displays a list of the mailboxes that you have selected to restore.|
||Opens a dialog box you can use to select the mailboxes you want to restore and add them to the Added mailboxes list. You can also register new source storages to select and restore mailboxes from.|
||Removes selected mailboxes from the Added mailboxes list.|
To add mailboxes to the list
- Click Add.
- In the Select Mailboxes dialog box, expand the registered source storage nodes, and select the check boxes next to the mailboxes you want to restore.
You can click the Add New Storage button to register a new source storage. You can select mailboxes from multiple source storages.
- Click OK.
To remove mailboxes from the list
- In the Added mailboxes list, select the mailboxes you want to remove, and click Remove.