Specify Database Location
On the Specify Database Location page, the wizard prompts you to specify a path to a folder—the task will extract the database files to that folder.
- Path to store extracted databases. Displays the default path to the folder where the task will place the extracted databases. You can use this box to type a new path.
- Browse. Opens a dialog box you can use to select an existing folder or create and select a new folder where you want to place the extracted database files.
Select Source Storages
The wizard displays the Select Source Storages page if you select a template that features restoring from storages registered with Recovery Manager for Exchange. This page only lists source storages that are registered with Recovery Manager for Exchange.
On the Select Source Storages page, you can use the following elements:
- Registered source storages. Displays a list of the source storages registered with Recovery Manager for Exchange. You can select the check boxes next to the storages from which you want to restore data.
- Add. Starts the Add Storage Wizard. This wizard helps you register new source storages and add them to the Registered source storages list. For more information, see Catalog Wizard.
Specify Home Exchange Server
On this page, you can specify the home Exchange Server for the mailboxes you want to restore.
This page includes the following elements:
- Exchange Server name. You can enter the name of the home Exchange Server to restore the mailboxes to.
- Check Name. You can click this button to resolve the Exchange Server whose name you have entered.
This button is only available when the Exchange Server is not resolved.
Select Type of Offline Exchange Databases Location
You can use this page to select whether you want to restore data from particular Exchange Server databases or from all Exchange Server databases located in the folders you specify.
On this page, you can select one of the following options:
- Folders that contain offline Exchange databases (.edb files). You can select this option to specify folders that contain offline Exchange databases (.edb files). The task restores data from all offline Exchange databases found in the folders you specify.
- Specific offline Exchange databases (.edb files). You can select this option to specify individual offline .edb files from which you want to restore data.