When to Back Up
Use this page to specify whether to run the backup job immediately after finishing the wizard or schedule the backup job for later.
- Now. Select this option if you want to run the backup job immediately after you close the wizard.
- Create and retain Computer Collection for the selected computers. Select this check box if you want the wizard to create a Computer Collection that includes all objects you have selected on the What to Back Up page. Normally, if you select the Now option, the wizard does not create a Computer Collection.
- Later (configure backup scheduling). Select this option if you want to schedule the backup job.
- Schedules for the backup creation task. This box displays a list of schedules for the backup job. To add and remove schedules, click the Change button next to this box.
- Change. Click this button to modify the Schedules for the backup creation task list. In the dialog box that appears on the screen, select the Show multiple schedules check box and specify new schedules or delete existing schedules.
- User account under which the scheduled task will run. This box identifies the user account under which Task Scheduler will perform the backup job. To change the user account, click the Change button next to this box.
Computer Collection Name (optional)
Use this page to provide the name for a new Computer Collection created by the wizard. This page appears after you select either of these options on the When to Back Up page: Create and retain Computer Collection for the selected computers or Later (configure backup scheduling).
- Collection name. In the Collection name box, the wizard displays the default name for the new Computer Collection. You can modify the name. After you complete the wizard, the new Computer Collection is created and it includes all objects you have selected on the What to Back Up page.
Completing the Backup Wizard
Use this page to view and modify additional backup creation and logging settings.
- Advanced. When you click Advanced, the wizard displays the Properties dialog box, which is similar to that described in Properties for an existing Computer Collection. The wizard creates backups using the settings you can view and modify in the Properties dialog box. The wizard also uses these settings when creating a new Computer Collection. By default, the wizard uses the default settings for Computer Collections you can view and modify with the Collection Defaults command. The Collection Defaults command appears on the Action menu when you select the Computer Collections node in the Recovery Manager Console tree.
- Finish. Closes the wizard and starts or schedules the backup job
Online Restore Wizard
The Online Restore Wizard helps you recover Active Directory objects deleted or modified since the backup. With this wizard you can selectively restore individual directory objects and object attributes from an Active Directory backup, compare a backup with Active Directory, compare two backups taken from the same domain controller. The wizard has the following steps: