Backing up AD LDS (ADAM)
With Recovery Manager for Active Directory, you can back up Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS), previously known as Active Directory Application Mode (ADAM), by using one of the following methods:
Method 1: Back up AD LDS (ADAM) from the Recovery Manager Console
Complete these steps:
Step 1: Connect to AD LDS (ADAM)
- Right-click the Active Directory node in the Recovery Manager Console tree and select Connect to AD LDS (ADAM).
- Use the dialog box that opens to specify parameters for connecting to the AD LDS (ADAM) you want to back up.
- When finished, click OK.
Step 2: Back up AD LDS (ADAM)
- In the Recovery Manager Console tree, expand the Active Directory node, then expand the AD LDS (ADAM) Configuration Set node, and select one of the following nodes:
- All Instances. If you want to select one or more AD LDS (ADAM) instances to back up.
- Sites. If you want to back up all AD LDS (ADAM) instances in one or more sites.
- In the right pane, select AD LDS (ADAM) instances or sites.
These are the AD LDS (ADAM) instances you want to back up or the sites where you want to back up all AD LDS (ADAM) instances. You can select multiple instances or sites by holding down CTRL and clicking the instances or sites you want to select.
- On the main menu, select Action | Create Backup and follow the instructions in the wizard that starts to complete the backup creation operation.