Where to Store Backups
Use this page to specify the path and name format for backup files.
- Backup file path and name format. Provides a space for you to specify format for paths and names of .bkf files where you want the wizard to store backups. You can use UNC names to store backups in a shared network folder. The path format may include optional expressions that enable the automatic creation of subfolders. The file name format may also include expressions. For example, you might specify C:\DIRNAME\%COMPUTERNAME%\%DATETIME%.
As a result, backups for different computers will be saved in separate subfolders named by a computer name. In addition, the file name of each backup will be composed of the date and time of the backup creation.
- Expression. Click this button to specify optional path and file name notations in Backup file path and name format. You can choose the following expressions:
- Default backup storage (%BACKUPS%). Path to the default backup storage folder. Unless modified during the installation of Recovery Manager for Active Directory Disaster Recovery Edition, it points to the folder %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\Quest\Recovery Manager for Active Directory Disaster Recovery Edition\Backups.
- Domain (%DOMAIN%). Name of the home domain of the computer being backed up.
- Computer name (%COMPUTERNAME%). Name of the computer being backed up.
- Date and Time (%DATETIME%). Date and time of the backup creation.
- Browse. Click this button to locate the folder where backups are to be stored.
- Sample path and file name matching the specified format. This box displays an example of the path and file name that matches the format string supplied in Backup file path and name format.
When to Back Up
Use this page to specify whether to run the backup job immediately after finishing the wizard or schedule the backup job for later.
- Now. Select this option if you want to run the backup job immediately after you close the wizard.
- Create and retain Computer Collection for the selected computers. Select this check box if you want the wizard to create a Computer Collection that includes all objects you have selected on the What to Back Up page. Normally, if you select the Now option, the wizard does not create a Computer Collection.
- Later (configure backup scheduling). Select this option if you want to schedule the backup job.
- Schedules for the backup creation task. This box displays a list of schedules for the backup job. To add and remove schedules, click the Change button next to this box.
- Change. Click this button to modify the Schedules for the backup creation task list. In the dialog box that appears on the screen, select the Show multiple schedules check box and specify new schedules or delete existing schedules.
- User account under which the scheduled task will run. This box identifies the user account under which Task Scheduler will perform the backup job. To change the user account, click the Change button next to this box.
Computer Collection Name (optional)
Use this page to provide the name for a new Computer Collection created by the wizard. This page appears after you select either of these options on the When to Back Up page: Create and retain Computer Collection for the selected computers or Later (configure backup scheduling).
- Collection name. In the Collection name box, the wizard displays the default name for the new Computer Collection. You can modify the name. After you complete the wizard, the new Computer Collection is created and it includes all objects you have selected on the What to Back Up page.
Completing the Backup Wizard
Use this page to view and modify additional backup creation and logging settings.
- Advanced. When you click Advanced, the wizard displays the Properties dialog box, which is similar to that described in Properties for an existing Computer Collection. The wizard creates backups using the settings you can view and modify in the Properties dialog box. The wizard also uses these settings when creating a new Computer Collection. By default, the wizard uses the default settings for Computer Collections you can view and modify with the Collection Defaults command. The Collection Defaults command appears on the Action menu when you select the Computer Collections node in the Recovery Manager Console tree.
- Finish. Closes the wizard and starts or schedules the backup job