Displays an overall result of the computer session, indicating the reason of failure if backup creation has failed. You can click the Copy to Clipboard button to copy the information displayed on this tab to the Clipboard.
Briefly describes all warning and error messages generated by Recovery Manager for Active Directory when creating the computer's backup.
Lists all components that the backup includes, displays the backup description, provides the backup file path and name, and shows whether the backup is encrypted. The Backup tab is displayed only if the backup has been created for the selected computer within the selected session.
The Backed up components list displays the System State components included in the backup. The list has the following columns:
- Component. Identifies the component; for the Registry component, individual hives are listed.
- Original Size. Shows the size, in kilobytes, of a component on the source system, before data compression by Backup Agent.
- Size in Backup. Shows the size, in kilobytes, of a component in the backup, after data compression by Backup Agent.
- Compression Ratio. Show the ratio, in percents, between the component size in backup and the original component size. For example, the 25% compression ratio means 4:1 compression.
Backups node properties
The Backups node in the console tree allows you to view a list of backups registered in the Recovery Manager for Active Directory backup registration database.
To view a list of Active Directory backups
- In the console tree, expand the Backups node, and then click Active Directory. The details pane displays the registered Active Directory backups.
To view a list of AD LDS (ADAM) backups
- In the console tree, expand the Backups node, and click AD LDS (ADAM). The details pane displays the registered AD LDS (ADAM) backups.
You can also register additional backups.
To register additional backups
- In the console tree, right-click the Backups node.
- On the shortcut menu, point to Register Backup, and then click one of the following commands:
- Register Backup File. Registers a Microsoft Tape Format (MTF)-compliant backup file (.bkf) or BMR backup file (.vhd, .vhdx). You must specify the path and name for the file to register.
- Register Backups in Folder. Registers all MTF-compliant backup files (.bkf) or BMR backup files (.vhd, .vhdx) stored in the specified folder.
- Register Offline Active Directory Database. Registers Active Directory database (ntds.file) unpacked from a backup created with third-party backup tools.
- Register Offline AD LDS (ADAM) Database. Registers AD LDS (ADAM) database (adamntds.dit file) unpacked from a backup created with third-party backup tools.