The journal lists all logged events. This list is comprehensive, including both job- and non-job-related events. It includes specific events for which you requested notification. The journal also lists passive events and status events from the Core, the license portal, and so on.
NOTE: If your environment is set to use repetition reduction, some repeated events may not be logged each time the event occurs. For more information about this feature, see About repetition reduction.
Complete the following steps to view a journal of all events for the Rapid Recovery Core, or to view a journal of all events for a specific machine.
- To view a journal of all events logged for the Rapid Recovery Core, from the icon bar, click (Events). Click on the drop-down menu to the right of the Tasks page title, and select Journal.
If you want to view a journal of all events for a specific protected machine, then navigate to the Summary page of the specified machine, click the Events menu, and then click Journal.
- Optionally, to filter the list of all events by start date, end date, alert message description, or any combination, do the following:
- To filter by event category (errors, informational messages, or warnings), click the status drop-down menu, and select the status condition or conditions. Event category filter options include errors, informational messages, and warnings, or any combination of the three.
- To filter by start date and time, enter the starting date and time using one of the following options:
- In the From text box, type the date and time in format MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM AM/PM. For example, to search from the first day of January in 2016 at 8:00 AM, enter 1/1/2016 8:00 AM.
- To select the current data and time, click the Calendar widget in the From text box and then click the current date. The current time automatically appears.
- Click the Calendar widget, select the date, then click the Clock widget and select the desired time using the controls. Click away from the calendar to accept the selected changes.
- To filter by alert message description, enter the description in the Search message text box.
For example, to see alerts only related to agents, enter "agent;' to see alerts related to transfers, enter "transfer."
- To further refine the list of events that appears, you can also define an end date and time in the same format.
The list of events is immediately filtered based on the criteria you selected.
For more information, see the following related tasks: