A CAUTION icon indicates potential damage to hardware or loss of data if instructions are not followed.
A WARNING icon indicates a potential for property damage, personal injury, or death.
An information icon indicates supporting information.
Dell Data Protection | Rapid Recovery is a backup, replication, and recovery solution that offers near-zero recovery time objectives and recovery point objectives. Rapid Recovery offers data protection, disaster recovery, data migration and data management .You have the flexibility of performing bare-metal restore (to similar or dissimilar hardware), and you can restore backups to physical or virtual machines, regardless of origin. Rapid Recovery can also archive to the cloud, to a Dell DL series backup and recovery appliance, or to a supported system of your choice. With Rapid Recovery, you can replicate to one or more targets for added redundancy and security.
Rapid Recovery offers:
- Flexibility. You can perform universal recovery to multiple platforms, including restoring from physical to virtual, virtual to physical, virtual to virtual, and physical to physical.
- Cloud integration. You can archive and replicate to the cloud, using cloud storage vendors that support both proprietary and open-source platforms.
- Intelligent deduplication. You can reduce storage requirements by storing data once, and referencing it thereafter (once per repository or encryption domain).
- Instant recovery. Our Live Recovery feature allows you to access critical data first, while remaining restore operations complete in parallel.
- File-level recovery. You can recover data at the file level on-premise, from a remote location, or from the cloud.
- Virtual support. Enhanced support for virtualization includes agentless protection and autodiscovery for VMware® ESXi™ 5 and higher, and export to Microsoft® Hyper-V® cluster-shared volumes.
See the following resources for more information about Rapid Recovery.
This section describes the different elements of the Rapid Recovery Core Console user interface (UI).