A CAUTION icon indicates potential damage to hardware or loss of data if instructions are not followed.
A WARNING icon indicates a potential for property damage, personal injury, or death.
An information icon indicates supporting information.
Dell Data Protection | Rapid Recovery is a backup, replication, and recovery solution that offers near-zero recovery time objectives and recovery point objectives. Rapid Recovery offers data protection, disaster recovery, data migration and data management .You have the flexibility of performing bare-metal restore (to similar or dissimilar hardware), and you can restore backups to physical or virtual machines, regardless of origin. Rapid Recovery can also archive to the cloud, to a Dell DL series backup and recovery appliance, or to a supported system of your choice. With Rapid Recovery, you can replicate to one or more targets for added redundancy and security.
Rapid Recovery offers:
- Flexibility. You can perform universal recovery to multiple platforms, including restoring from physical to virtual, virtual to physical, virtual to virtual, and physical to physical.
- Cloud integration. You can archive and replicate to the cloud, using cloud storage vendors that support both proprietary and open-source platforms.
- Intelligent deduplication. You can reduce storage requirements by storing data once, and referencing it thereafter (once per repository or encryption domain).
- Instant recovery. Our Live Recovery feature allows you to access critical data first, while remaining restore operations complete in parallel.
- File-level recovery. You can recover data at the file level on-premise, from a remote location, or from the cloud.
- Virtual support. Enhanced support for virtualization includes agentless protection and autodiscovery for VMware® ESXi™ 5 and higher, and export to Microsoft® Hyper-V® cluster-shared volumes.
See the following resources for more information about Rapid Recovery.
This section describes the system and license requirements for installing the Rapid Recovery Core, Rapid Recovery Agent, and Rapid Recovery Central Management Console.