On Demand Migration analyzes your domain structure and tracks potential problems, misconfiguration, and risks that might adversely affect the migration. Use Assessment view to see the summary reports on the discovered data.
The following reports are available for Accounts:
- To clean up
- Disabled accounts
- Users with non expiring passwords
- To adjust
- Duplicate group names
- Duplicate user names
- Users without first name
- Users without last name
- Account statistics (inventory data)
- Number of users
- Number of groups
- User data
- External Accounts
- Tenant members
The following reports are available for Mailboxes:
- Mailbox statistics
- To clean up
- The users not logged on to mailbox for 30 days
- The users not logged on to mailbox for 90 days
- The users never logged on to mailbox
- Disabled users with mailbox
- To adjust
- Mailboxes with duplicate user name
Once you handle the issues, if any, go to Accounts screen. You are ready to start the migration.
On Demand Migration can migrate discovered accounts and the following types of discovered groups:
- Security groups
- Mail-enabled security groups
- Distribution groups
- Azure AD Office 365 Group Type objects, the membership is supported for the accounts that have a pair on the target tenant. Email address for migrated Office 365 Group object will be created in default target domain.
NOTE: Migration of security groups with dynamic membership is not supported.
Basic account migration workflow consists of the following steps:
Caution: Do not delete matched or migrated accounts or groups from the migration project. If you need to do this anyway, clear the matching for those accounts.
NOTE: All migrated to target groups will be owned by target administrative account that is used to perform the migration.
There are two approaches:
- You can select discovered accounts and create a new collection for them
- You can create a new empty collection and then populate it with discovered accounts using comma-separated CSV file.
To create a new collection based on selected accounts:
- Go to the Accounts tab
- Select accounts you want to combine into the collection. You can use search for filtering out the accounts by certain criteria or simply hand-pick the individual accounts or mailboxes from the list.
- Click +New Collection and enter the informative collection name. Click Save to add this collection to the project.
To create a new empty collection and then populate it with accounts:
- On the dashboard click Add To Collection.
- Enter the informative collection name. Click Save to add this collection to the project.
- Populate it using comma-separated values (CSV) file as specified in Populating Collections from File.
Populating from File
You can populate any existing collection using a comma-separated values (CSV) file with account attributes.
- CSV file can contain one or more columns. There are no special requirements for header names.
- One of column must contain case insensitive user principal name data that will be used for matching.
- File names with non-ASCII characters are not supported.
To populate collection from CSV file
- Prepare a comma-separated values (CSV) file with data ofdiscovered accounts you want to add to the collection. File can contain accounts that have not been discovered, but these accounts won"t be added to the collection. One of the columns should contain the user principal names (UPNs). For example:
- Select a collection you want to populate on Dashboard and click it to open the Collection Dashboard
- Click Fill from File to populate the collection with discovered objects you specified in the file created on Step 1.
- Click Browse to open the comma-separated CSV file created on Step 1.
- Browse for file and click Open. Selected file name appears next to the Browse button.
- Click Populate to populate the collection.
The collection is populated. You can see added objects on the Collection Dashboard.
NOTE: The objects that do not exist in the source and/or target tenants and the source accounts that are not enumerated during the Discovery are ignored without producing an event.