Modern Web Parts
The following modern web parts are verified:
- Bing Maps
- Call to action
- Code Snippet
- Countdown Timer
- Document library
- File viewer
- Group calendar
- Highlighted content
- Image gallery
- Kindle Instant Preview
- List properties
- Page Properties
- Quick Chart
- Quick links
- Recent documents
- Site activity
- World Clock
All modern web parts not included in this list are unverified and will be copied as is to the target, links and references to other SharePoint entities may remain linked to the entities on the source.
Classic web parts
The following classic web parts are verified (in alphabet order):
- About the community
- Blog Archives
- Blog Notifications
- Blog Tools
- Community Tools
- Content Editor
- Get started with your site
- Image Viewer
- Join Community
- My Membership
- Page Viewer
- Picture Library Slideshow
- Project Summary
- Site Feed
- Site Users
- What's happening
All classic web parts not included in this list are unverified and will be copied as is to the target, links and references to other SharePoint entities may remain linked to the entities on the source.
The following site templates are supported for site collection discovery and migration:
- Modern O365 group site (Group#0). Some limitations are applicable
- Modern team site – no O365 group (STS#3)
- Modern communication site (SITEPAGEPUBLISHING#0)
- Classic team site (STS#0, SPSMSITEHOST#0)
- Classic project site (PROJECTSITE#0)
- Community site (COMMUNITY#0)
- Document Center (BDR#0)
Migration of site collections based on other templates is not supported. Subsites based on unsupported templates will be skipped.
- The Group or Team site based on the Group#0 must already exist on the target before the migration is allowed to be performed.
- The Group or Team sites cannot be set to be cleared before migration.
- The default site language on the source and the target tenant should match.
- Checked out status for files in document libraries is not migrated.
- Currently checked out documents are not migrated. The last checked in version of the document is migrated. If the file has never been checked, no version of the file is migrated.
- Reputation Settings for Community site migration are not supported
- Reporting of offensive content setting for Community sites is not supported
- Private views and personal sites are not migrated.
- Maximum number of items that can be migrated in a single list or library is 1 million
- Classic web parts in classic wiki pages are not migrated
- Assigned translators in Language settings for Communication site are not migrated
- Comments on modern site pages are not migrated
- Migration from an education tenant to another education tenant is not supported for education templates.
- Migration of verified web parts is a best effort. A warning event will be posted for any site pages where an issue occurred while migrating web parts. The warning event will identify the web part and possible cause of the problem. Please review the identified web parts on the site pages and correct as needed.
- The migration of some look and feel settings require that running of custom scripts be allowed on the site. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/allow-or-prevent-custom-script for more information on allowing custom scripts.
Refer to the Considerations for details on re-migration behavior or if the target site/subsite exists before the migration is started.