Classic web parts
The following classic web parts are verified (in alphabet order):
- About the community
- Blog Archives
- Blog Notifications
- Blog Tools
- Community Tools
- Content Editor
- Get started with your site
- Image Viewer
- Join Community
- My Membership
- Page Viewer
- Picture Library Slideshow
- Project Summary
- Site Feed
- Site Users
- What's happening
All classic web parts not included in this list are unverified and will be copied as is to the target, links and references to other SharePoint entities may remain linked to the entities on the source.
The following site templates are supported for site collection discovery and migration:
- Modern O365 group site (Group#0). Some limitations are applicable
- Modern team site – no O365 group (STS#3)
- Modern communication site (SITEPAGEPUBLISHING#0)
- Classic team site (STS#0, SPSMSITEHOST#0)
- Classic project site (PROJECTSITE#0)
- Community site (COMMUNITY#0)
- Classic blog site (BLOG#0)
- Document Center (BDR#0)
Migration of site collections based on other templates is not supported. Subsites based on unsupported templates will be skipped.
- The Group or Team site based on the Group#0 must already exist on the target before the migration is allowed to be performed.
- The Group or Team sites cannot be set to be cleared before migration.
- The default site language on the source and the target tenant should match.
- Checked out status for files in document libraries is not migrated.
- Reputation Settings for Community site migration are not supported
- Reporting of offensive content setting for Community sites is not supported
- Private views and personal sites are not migrated.
- Maximum number of items that can be migrated in a single list or library is 1 million
- Classic web parts in classic wiki pages are not migrated
- Assigned translators in Language settings for Communication site are not migrated
- Comments on modern site pages are not migrated
- Migration from an education tenant to another education tenant is not supported for education templates.
Refer to the SharePoint Migration Considerations for details on re-migration behavior or if the target site/subsite exists before the migration is started.
SharePoint Migration Considerations
Your target tenant might already host top-level sites (site collections) or subsites created before the migration. Refer to the table below to see the migration action that will be used depending on the existing site properties and the selected migration options.
||Merge, all supported properties will be overwritten using source settings|
||Create and migrate|
||Skip and report|
||Create and migrate|
Merging and Re-Migration Considerations
- Migration will be skipped if default language of the existing target site is not the same as the source.
- Subsites based on unsupported site templates are skipped
- System settings including site columns, content types etc. from the source will overwrite settings that were changed on the target.
- New site structure including list item and docs that only exist on the target remains unchanged.
- If a new list item with the same name is added on both source and target, the source item will be migrated and added as a separate item (i.e. target will have two items with identical names).
- If a new document with the same name is added on both the source and target, the migration of the source item will be skipped, and the warning that the item already exists on the target is reported. Document libraries only allow one document per name.
- For previously migrated list items and docs (same name and ID):
- Updates on source will be migrated to the target
- Updates to target will be overwritten by re-migrated source item or document
Currently, only the latest versions of documents and list items are migrated. In case of re-migration, please consider the following:
- The migrated document is always replaced, document version remains unchanged.
- The list item is always replaced and list item version remains unchanged, unless Create a new version each time you edit an item in the list list versioning setting is enabled. If this setting is enabled, the remigrated list item will be added as new version.