Abnormal End to Session?
If your session ends unexpectedly, please take a screenshot and log the error via the self-service portal at https://support.quest.com. in addition to the screenshot, you may be asked to supply a detailed report on the actions taken prior to the issue, and the ChangeBASE logs in the following hidden directory: %ProgramData%\ChangeBASE.
Support may also request a copy of the MSI(s) in question in order to identify the issue.
An MSI package or EXE can be directly converted within ChangeBASE into a virtual package, using Virtual Machines set up as in Virtual Machine Setup.
The supported Virtualization Technologies are as follows:
- Microsoft App-V 4.6 SP1 and 5.0
- Symantec Workspace Virtualization 6.1
Virtualization Technology Setup
This section covers Virtual Machine Setup: Symantec Workspace Virtualization, Virtual Machine Setup: Microsoft App-V 5.0 and App‑V 4.6 SP1 and Virtual Machine Setup: VMware ThinApp.
Virtual Machine Setup: Symantec Workspace Virtualization
Proceed as follows:
- Install Symantec Workspace Virtualization Admin (Client) 6.1 SP6/SP7.
- Install Symantec Wise Composer.
- Reboot the machine if prompted.
- Ensure there are no unnecessary packages running on the Virtual Machine that may be updating files (for example, Windows Desktop Search).
- Leave the machine idle for around 10 minutes. This will create a better session as most of the locks will be cleared by that point.
- Take a Snapshot of the Virtual Machine while it is running.
- Shut down the Virtual Machine (Start > Shutdown) or simply power it off.