When optimizing a query and after have generated some alternatives, the 'Test Run All' execution throw the following error:
Exception happens at
Message: Access violation at address 23015426 in module 'QOptEngineLib.dll'. Read of address 00000004.
- Choose a query from Spotlight | right click | select "Optimize query"
- Choose "Plan control" | connect to a specific instance
- Click on "Get estimated plan"
- Click on "Generate plan guides"
- Abort optimization after seeing some other plans
- Click on "Test Run All". The error appears.
The Region and Language of the OS is different than English (United States)
1) Open Control Panel
2) Click on "Region and Language" icon. Select English (United States).
3) Click the Format tab | Additional Settings ... button.
4) Click the Numbers tab in Customize Format window.
5) Change the "Digit grouping symbol" to dot instead of comma.
Waiting for fix in a future release of SQL Optimizer