I have 2 version control providers installed on my local PC (MS VSS and PVCS), SQL Navigator does not pick up the first installation of my version control provider. For example I installed MS VSS and configured Team Coding in SQL Navigator and everything worked ok. I then installed PVCS and again configured SQL Navigator to use the the PVCS version control. But when I try to reconfigure SQL Navigator to use MS VSS it picks up the PVCS is installed and tries to login to the PVCS repository.
VSS and PVCS use the same registry entry location to register their automation dll so when you install one or the other it overwrites the previous install and defaults to the last one installed.
You can configure SQL Navigator to use both version control providers but you need to alter the registry every time you wish to change to the other provider.
There is one of 2 ways you can do this:
The first way is to do the following:
Assume you have one or both providers installed already. If not, install one of them.
1. Open the Registry Editor: Select Start -> Run, type "regedit" and click OK.
2. Using the tree on the left-hand side, browse to the key:
3. Make sure the key is highlighted and right-click on this key in the tree, and select "Export" on the popup menu.
4. Browse to a place on your disk where you want to store the key. Enter a filename such as "VSS" or "PVCS" (depending on which product is currently using the key).
5. Now, re-install the other provider (VSS or PVCS, depending on which one was previously using the key). This will cause the product to overwrite the key.
6. Repeat steps 1 - 5, this time using the appropriate filename for the provider you just installed.
Now you have two files: VSS.reg and PVCS.reg. Whenever you want to switch between using PVCS and VSS in Nav, double-click the appropriate one of these .reg files. Windows will ask if you want to load that file into the registry; click Yes.
The second way is to use the following attached zip file vcsreg.zip, please read the readme.txt file contained in the zip file.