I need to have read-only access mode in Spotlight on SQL Server Enterprise as administrative tasks cannot be done from Spotlight in our environment.
.The following tasks are a part of features which we need to disable:
- Memory - > Buffer Cache - > Clear Buffer Cache
- Memory - > Procedure Cache - > Clear Procedure Cache
- SQL Activity - > Sessions - > Kill this session
- Services - > Service Status - > Start/Stop Service
- Services - > SQL Agent Jobs - > Start/Stop Job
- Configuration - > Change Parameter
How can this be done?
It can be done by implementing one more level of permissions named as "restricted users" or "guests". Details on this can be found within the help option of the Spotlight Enterprise console.