Users of PagerDuty can now send Spotlight alarm notifications to a PagerDuty dashboard as incidents. PagerDuty can then be used to appropriately alert via SMS, email, phone calls and push notifications. Configuration steps as follow:
1. From PagerDuty.com log in to your PagerDuty account. Configure an API access key to create an authentication for Spotlight to use to send alarm notifications to your PagerDuty account. Select Configuration | API Access.
2. On the PagerDuty API Access Keys page, provide a Description for the API Access Key and click Create Key.
3. On the PagerDuty API Access Keys page, take note of the API Key for later use (in Spotlight).
4. Create a PagerDuty service for Spotlight to send alarm notifications to. Select Configuration | Services.
5. From the Services page, click Add New Service.
6. Create a name for the service. Assign an escalation policy. Select Use our API directly. Click Add Service.
7. On the PagerDuty service page (for Spotlight on SQL Server Enterprise), take note of the Service API Key for later use (in Spotlight).
In Spotlight client apply these configurations to the Spotlight Diagnostic Server:
1. Select Click Configure | Diagnostic server | Configure PagerDuty option.
2. Enter values for API Access Key and Service API Key fields.
3. Select Configure | Alarm Actions window to create one or more Alarm Action rules to send alarm to PagerDuty.