Recovery Manager for AD version 7.5 uses the ports specified in the following solution when the 'Use preinstalled agent' under Properties | Agent Settings on the collection is NOT selectedhttps://support.quest.com/SUPPORT/index?page=solution&id=SOL12989
When the 'Use preinstalled agent' is selected then Recovery Manager will attempt to communicate to the agent using the port specified on the Recovery Manager console (which can be set as per below - it is required that his number is the same on the RMAD console as on all the DCs being backed up)
Setting Port to be used on the Recovery Manager console (default for DCs is 3843)
1. In the console tree, select the node Recovery Manager for Active Directory, and then on the Action menu, click Settings.
2. On the General tab, select the Connect to the backup agent using the specific TCP port check box, and then specify the port number in the Port text box.
3. Click OK to close the Recovery Manager for Active Directory Properties dialog box.
Setting (checking) Port to be used on each of the DCs being backed up from that console
****WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that can damage the operating system and the software installed. Quest cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.****
1. Start Registry Editor (regedit.exe), and then locate the registry key:
2. In the details pane, double-click the ImagePath value, and in the Value data text box, specify the port number in the following way:
C:\WINDOWS\QuestRecoveryManager\ErdAgent.exe -I -P:3843 In this example, the backup agent will use the port 3843 (this is the default port selected when installing using the wizard). When finished, click OK.
3. Close Registry Editor.
4. If you changed the port, then restart the Quest backup agent service.