Based on the hardware OEM vendor documentation related to the error code UEFI0004 and CPU Exception Type 0x06: Invalid Opcode (Software) this could happen due to several reasons, but on this specific issue the BIOS Boot mode was set to BIOS as expected on the DL Appliance by default, so the next items to discard on the list are the ones listed below on Recommended Response Action.Detailed Description
Severity 1 (Critical)
1. Open the BIOS Settings > Boot Settings and validate if the Boot Options and Hard-Disk Drive Sequence looks correct, which means the internal PERC H730 Mini is being displayed as the first boot device. (see screenshot below for reference)
2. If everything looks correct from step 1, open the iDRAC console and review the LifeCycle logs looking for possible device errors, as for example, on the case study shown on the below screenshots the issue was happening due to a faulty PERC H830 (external for expansion enclosures) installed on slot 3-1. Try installing the Device on any other compatible PCI-E slot and see if the issue continues, if it does, continue with the next step.
3. Remove the device that is showing the error message and is no longer being detected, try to boot up the server again and if it works this time, continue with next step.
4. Upgrade the following software on the following hardware components on the DL Appliance Server (PE R730xd):
5. After the updates were applied, reinstall the device that was previously removed on step 3 and the system should boot just fine, however if the issue persists it is possible that a hardware replacement is needed, please contact support and we will be more than glad to assist you fix it.