When protecting an agent with both 64-bit (x64) and 32-bit (x86) SQL 2008 Server instances with an x64 AppAssure or Rapid Recovery agent, you may go into the Agent Summary tab and, under SQL Server Information, find a yellow status ball for the SQL instance although the SQL instance is healthy:
When clicking on the yellow status dot to retrieve more information on this instance's status, an error message appears: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
Please contact Rapid Recovery technical support to request a patch for this issue. We have addressed this as a defect # D-31522.
1. Please download both custom binaries (Agent and Core), right click on .msi file, Properties, and Unblock if necessary.
2. Proceed then to pause all backups, virtual exports, and replication and stop the Core service.
3. Install the patch to the Core and restart the Core service.
4. Stop the Agent service on the SQL machine and install the patch applicable to the agent.
5. Restart the Agent service.
6. Then, force new incremental snapshot for affected Agent.
7. Perform attachability check for newly created recovery point.
8. Provide us with result and new logs from Core and Agent if issue still occurs.